I ganked this from Professor, but I thought it was an interesting direction to take a blog, and might surprise a few readers:
1. I want to play baseball. I know, you all think, "what?" but it my desire to play slow pitch softball on a community league. At my age, I don't think I could see a fast-pitched ball coming soon enough to swing at it. And I can't run too well anymore, so an old timer's league would be perfect.
2. I want to sing at Carnegie Hall once before I die. I think it would be a thrill to sing a solo in front of thousands of people. I am getting ready for a major solo in front of two or three hundred, and I am already excited and I have another 3 weeks to go.
3. I want to spend at least one winter in a warm climate. I am hoping that Tilly and I can go either to Florida or Arizona (would prefer the latter) sometime and be one of those older couples that just hang out where it is warm.
4. I have this desire to own a red, two seater sports car. Maybe a Miata. Why not? Other than $$.
5. I am basically a person that hates to go to bed at night. I don't mind getting up at the butt-crack of dawn to greet the day, but going to bed is a drag. I guess I have always been this way, cause my Mom always said she thought it was because I was afraid I might miss something. I don't know what I would miss at this stage of my life, but I still have to cave in and force myself to go beddy bye.
6. I love the English language. I love being in 4 English classes this year. I am learning so much right along with my students. I love the way verbs, nouns, adjectives and adverbs and all the other parts of speech fit together to make a cohesive sentence. Am I wierd or what? It's fun!
This was silly but also true. It made me stop and think.