Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Robbie, Chelsea, and Sue

One of the patrons of my transit route, Sue, is an unmarried woman, middle aged, works hard and no doubt, has lived hard. But anyway, she has these two Rotweilers. Robbie is 10, and Chelsea is only a year. Sunday last, Robbie went missing. Sue hunted her farm over, drove the country roads and the state highway looking and yelling for Robbie. To no avail. Needless to say that on Monday night when I picked her up to take her home, she was beside herself. She tearfully told me that Robbie was the only living thing in this world that loved her unconditionally. She had finally decided that Robbie had been stolen.
After I dropped her off, I offered a prayer for Sue, and Robbie, too. I just wanted God to watch over Robbie, and be with Sue, for she was grieving.
Tonight, when I picked Sue up, I made up my mind that I wouldn't mention Robbie, but as soon as she got on the bus, she said, "I found Robbie." It seems that Sue had baled hay delivered for her horses. The bales were stacked 6 high and several bales thick in her barn. The dogs liked to play on them and they would run and jump on the top of the stack and cavort around while Sue tended her horses. Well, last night when Sue went to the barn, Chelsea went wild around the hay bales and was barking and whining. Sue went to see what was upsetting her, and when she looked in a small space betweenthe bales where Chelsea had her nose stuck, there was Robbie. He had fallen down a hole in the bale stack. Sue said he had a space about 20 inches wide and 30 inches long where either the bales had not been stacked together, or they had shifted. The hole was about 6 feet deep, so Robbie couldn't jump out. He was trapped. Sue is a tiny thing, probably 90 pounds dripping wet, but she said she moved a "hell of a lot" of hay. Robbie was fine. He was hungry and thirsty, but fine.
Doesn't God move in mysterious ways?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are just a softie. Sue's dad was telling me this story today. I am so glad she found Robbie. Those dogs are her "babies". It is good to have you back blogging. I have missed reading your thoughts. Love to you and Tilly.