Sunday, November 30, 2014

Another Year Passes

Can it really be time to deck the halls already.  It seems like I just did that!  But, alas, the time is here again.  So, I began by decking my blog out for the Christmas season.
I haven't purchased one gift, nor do I even know where to start.  My daughter sent a list, so that's a beginning, but money is tight, as always, so I will again restrict my buying to things they want the most.  Or need the most.
As for me, other than some new tee shirts, socks and underwear, my needs are few and my want list is short.  As for decorating, I got a start, but have a long way to go.  My card making is done though, and ready for a trip to the post office.  (Did you know you can print stamps off on your printer via the USPS?)  But, I like to go in and say "Merry Christmas" to the postal employees, stand in line at the window and visit with friends and strangers that I haven't seen since last Christmas.
The town is bedecked, and the Nativity once again graces the court house lawn.  I am so proud of our community for being just a bit politically incorrect with this one.  After all, it is the reason for the season!

Peace,
JE

3 comments:

Curley said...

Love the background of your blog page. I haven't started decorating or shopping either. Just not in the mood.

Anvilcloud said...

I hope you enjoy the season, and it's sounds like you are off to a great start.

Anonymous said...

I have started Christmas shopping with 6 grandchildren I had to start. Wishing you a Merry Christmas.
Marian