Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Big Bee Hunter Goes Wild

We have had a mouse. I have tried the conventional "slammer" mouse traps, baited with such delicacies as peanut butter, cheeses, and even a pre chewed juji-bead. with absolutely no results. The little "el raton" steals my bait and runs. Tilly bought a new type of trap that looks like a giant binder clip. You open it and it locks, you place bait on a little tab, and when the little bugger grabs for the bait, WHAM! Well, the other night about 1:30 the dog went wild, and Tilly woke me up and said that she was sure that I had finally caught the nasty little bait stealer. I got up and went to check. Sure enough, there the little f--ker was. Yeah Me! It was raining cats and dogs out, and I was in my tighty-whities, so I didn't relish dumping the mouse out in the trash bin. I didn't want it in the house all night worrying the pooch, so I decided to give it "burial at sea." So with a great flourish and much fan fare, I flipped the flush handle on the commode, and dropped the mouse into the bowl. WTF!!! the little gray blankety-blank started swimming. Those things can really "mouse paddle!" I let him swim and tried flushing again, same results. He wouldn't go down the drain. So, being the great white hunter that I am, I grabbed the toilet plunger from its nearby container, and plunged down on my little friend. I held it under until it drowned. Then, I decided that "what if he really isn't dead and I flush him and he crawls back up the sewer pipe and bites me on the ass!!! So I grabbed him by the tail, jammed him down in a garbage bag, emptied all the waste baskets in on top of him and set the bag out on the back porch. Next day, the city refuse company carried my little friend away and stashed him in our local land fill.
After relating this tragedy to my father-in-law, he said that usually where there is one mouse, there is supposedly 11 more. Oh holy shit!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness. You are so funny. And your father-in-law is correct. You can bet there are going to be more. Take my word for it as a country girl.(Reformed city girl). There are always the traps where they crawl in and can't get back out. Happy mouse hunting.

Anonymous said...

OMG, I about fell outta the chair reading this. I can just picture you cursing to the heavens above while the mouse was having a nice swim!

Jimmie Earl said...

Curley: I bought one of those walk in traps, baited it and have it setting out, but the damn mice evidently don't like it. Probably too much work pushing the little door open with their friggin' noses. Little buggers!

lilith: Me curse? You prpbably could have heard me in your part of Area 52 if you had been listening closely! I was beyond pissed!

JE