Tuesday, June 19, 2007

This Quote Rocks!

Tilly has the most interesting friend, Lovelylady. She is a true friend. She comes to visit almost weekly, brings lunch for them, and bits of wisdom. I don't know her well, but I know that she is one gal to be reckoned with. She is her own person, and I think the adage, "when I grow old, I will wear purple," will fit her to a "T" when she is old.
Anyway, today she sent Tilly a card with a kind, thoughtful message, and on a hot pink note card had included this quote:
"I've just encountered public opinion and discounted it! I've ceased caring how I look to other people or what they say about me. I've stopped letting faceless groups demand my adherence to imaginary standards. They cannot be with me while I die, therefore, they have no right to set rules for me while I live."
I read this quote over and over and the more I read it, the more it rang true. If we would all live by this, and make it our mantra, wouldn't the world be a lot better place to live?
Tilly is so lucky to have Lovelylady for a friend. We should all be so blessed.

Grace!

JE

No comments: