Tuesday, April 15, 2008

What Was I Thinking???

I probably should not share this, but what was I thinking? Last night about 8 I decided to build a fire in my new outdoor fireplace. I built a nice little fire, grabbed a lawn chair and sat. I decided to smoke a cigar. Not something I do very often, but once in a while one is satisfying. I went into the house to get said cigar and decided to have a beer. Should have stopped there. But, being the not-so-wise semi adult that I am, I had another and then another . What started out as a peaceful evening of firewatching, turned into a total sloshing on "firewater." I started the evening with several beers in the fridge, now I only have one.
Today I paid the price. Cotton mouth, feeling like I could puke, headache, and all the rest of the stuff that goes along with a hangover. Boy was that a stupid move. (I contemplated staying home, but went to school as a punishment for my stupidity.)
I do remember yelling at the neighbor's dogs to "shut the f--k up at the top of my lungs. Didn't help. They just kept yapping. Maybe it was my mindless singing that was upsetting them.
Oh well, I learned a valuable lesson. I cannot handle much beer any more. I looked this evening and cannot find all the empty bottles. Not sure where I tossed them. I think I'm too old for this shit.

3 comments:

Greyhound Girl said...

OMG! FATHER!!!!! Okay, I'm giggling at the image... umm, I hope you feel better as the day wears on...

wilber said...

Okay, that has got to be the funniest thing I have read in a long time! The mental image I have of you is kind of contradicting the one that just came up of you singing in the middle of the night and yelling at dogs with a beer in your hand, but very funny none the less...

Angie said...

The visual in it's self was a little more than I cared to see... funny enough to picture you in the back yard singing to yourself (outloud)and having the dogs howling at you or the moon then to add the drinking and cursing more than i can imagine, you are too funny, hope your days gets better but i will guess working around a bunch of loud kids i doubt that will happen :)