- I looked the house over for a instruction booklet to a piece of electronic gadgetry and couldn't find it. Prof leafed through the magazines on the coffee table and "voila" there it was. I had been through that pile of stuff at least a dozen times.
- I had a huge suitcase packed to go on my trip (when I thought about driving) and am now trying to repack into a carry-on size bag because I am "cheap" and don't want to pay American Airlines the $25.00 to check a bag. Personally, I think that for the price I paid for the ticket, I should be able to check the first bag for free. Evidently, "Full fare" doesn't cover a ticket for the over 65 generation.
- My brother simplified my packing by sending me a list of stuff that I left there the last time I was there so I didn't have to bring so much stuff the next time. Good for him.
- I wanted to take my crochet hooks on the plane, but I don't know if they are allowed. (and I can't find a phone number to call to find out.) If not and I pack them, they will just toss them. So, I guess I will wait until I get there and go to a Hobby Lobby and buy still another set.
- I hate the fact that, even though she's willing, Prof has to take time off her job to take me to the airport. Her idea, not mine. She has to work an extra hour the rest of the days this week to make it up in order to get paid. Sucks!
- Why are my hands always cold? The only time they are really warm is in the middle of the night after they have been under the covers for a few hours.
- This winter has been kind to us midwesterners so far. Maybe I should knock on wood. Of course, wait until sectional tourney basketball time. It always gets in its last "nasties" then.
- Two years ago, I installed (well, Alan, my handyguy, installed) a ventless gas fireplace in my living room. I love it. The only drawback is that when I have the gas turned on, even with the pilot light burning, Prof is plagued by headaches. I swear there are no fumes, and I even bought a new carbon monoxide detector and have it going 24/7. So we turned it off and haven't been using it since Christmas, and her headaches are gone. It doesn't bother me or Kiddo, but I don't want her to be ill. Strange!!!
- We still have the Christmas tree up. No ornaments on it anymore, just the tree and lights. Prof and Kiddo promised to take it down while I am gone. I am going out and take the wreath down and remove the red bows from the lights today!
- My house needs a thorough cleaning. You know, the move the furniture, sweep everywhere, remove dust bunnies, mop the kitchen an bathroom floors on hand and knees instead of the "swiffer" job that usually suffices. I had planned to have a cleaning lady twice a month to do the "deep" cleaning and maybe I could keep the rest nice. That plan got dashed in a hurry!!!
- I spend entirely too much time on the computer. And crocheting. And reading on the Kindle. But all are fun. Maybe that's why there's dust bunnies, dirt, and stuff that needs to be cleaned.
That's all folks! Have a good week.