Sunday, August 12, 2012

Could Fall be Coming Soon?

Yesterday was one of those beautiful Indiana days. Temps were in the low 70s and there was a breeze. I played the slug all day. I relaxed on the porch, and moved in the afternoon into the back yard swing. I was reading a "can't put it down" novel, so I had an excuse. As I sat there, I looked around at the trees and sky, breathed in the fresh air, and I swear I could feel Fall in the air. Surely not already! If Fall is coming early to Indiana, then we're in for a doozie of a winter! I am sure that soon the temps will rise, along with the humidity, and summer will once again descend upon us. But for yesterday, and hopefully, today, the cooler temps are sure a harbinger of Fall.

Peace,
JE

4 comments:

Curley said...

Heard it wasn't supposed to get higher that mid-80's all this next week. Don't think it will last but it will be nice while it odes.

momto8 said...

when we lived in Indiana it got so cold none of our cars would start...I was working as a nurse and the state police had to pick me up and drive me to work!!

Jimmie Earl said...

Annmarie: One of the maladies of living in Indiana is cars not starting in the winter. I came to just expect it, especially when I had to park my car against the wind in the school parking lot (assigned parking) and leave it all day long. Many times I had to get a jump start to get home. But, fortunately, I had a garage at home where my car was out of the wind at night, even though it was unheated. Now, another perk of being retired is not having to even go out in the cold if I don't want to.

Jimmie Earl said...

Curley: Bring it on. After the summer we've had, I welcome even temps in the lower 80s. And, why don't you "suggest" to "Golfer" that he clean out a spot or two in that huge garage(pole barn) so he can get his vehicles in so you don't have to run out in the snow and cold to start it for him in the dead of winter.Just sayin'...!