Sunday, December 10, 2006

A Great Day

Today has been a great day. It started off great with a wonderful Advent Church service, lots of music, lots of praise, and reception of several new members. One of the quartets I sing in closed the service with a rousing contemporary Christian Christmas number, and we rocked the rafters. People actually clapped along, and applauded when we finished. A real WOW! moment.
We came home and hung out for a while, and then we went Christmas shopping. This was not a very successful venture, but I came home one sweater richer! Even though we didn't buy much, and it is getting closed to Christmas, we still had a good time. Then we went to Dairy Queen and had a Moolate . Tilly had French Vanilla, and I had Peppermint Mocha! Then we went for a drive and just enjoyed the day. We watched people out decorating with lights and decided that we would have to go back at night and see what they look like. All in all it was a just a fun day.
There is one catch, though. I have to go back to work tomorrow! Ugh! I think I need to take a "mental health" day and call in sick. Ah! There's an idea. Maybe on Wednesday, 'cause I don't have to drive the transit bus that night. Wow! A whole day to do absolutely nothing. That's almost unheard of for me. Talk about burning the proverbial candle at both ends. Mine should be a stub by now! I have friends that are retired and are enjoying it. I could see how that would be great. I will look into it next when the big 62 rolls around. Don't know if it would be feasible financially, but it might be worth looking into. Who knows? Let's see, what is on the agenda next???
Everyone have a good week!
JE

No comments: