Thursday, August 12, 2010

What I Read #70

Falling Awake by Jayne Ann Krentz: Of all the books I have read this year, this had to be the worst. First, it was "chick-lit" about dreams and and 5th level dreaming. After 421 pages, I still was clear just 5th level dreaming was, and I really didn't care. I just wanted it to be done and over with. Why didn't I quit, you might ask. I don't like to give up on any book, and Krentz is pretty famous as a writer, so I thought I would stick it out and maybe it would get better. The plot was thin and inane. The characters were shallow. The murders were nicely done, but the rest was tripe. Only redeeming thing I could say that Krentz really knows how to spice up the romantic scenes, and the sex was pretty good. On a scale of 1 to 10, how about an overall 2.
Keep on Reading,
JE

No comments: