Sunday, April 03, 2011

What I Read #29


Think of a Number by John Verdon: I've had this novel finished for a few days but have been deciding just how and what to write about it.
Retired NYPD cop Dave Gurney, and his wife Madeleine have moved to upstate New York to begin a "new" lifestyle, far from his old life of fighting crime. An old friend contacts him in fear, because he has been receiving weird notes in the mail, that become more threatening with each contact. Can Dave help him find out who is playing with his mind, and why?
Think of a Number was a good read. It was a thinking person's novel. I can't say that I didn't like it, but I had a hard time sticking to reading it. I would read a few chapters, then lay it down, and try to digest what I had read. It took me longer than my 2 day average reading time. In the end, I was glad it stuck with it, though.
Well written, and interesting, Verdon's first novel is worth the reading.

Happy reading,
JE

No comments: