Friday, March 08, 2013

Me!

For some reason, way back when, I saved this.  It struck me this morning, after a "restless" night, just how appropriate it is for me now.

I don’t have a masculine build anymore, no appealing abs or a flat stomach. I am far from being considered handsome,  but I am me.  I eat food.  I have some flab.  Probably more fat than I should.  I have scars because I have a history.  Some people love me, some like me, some hate me.  I have done good.  I have done bad.  I love my shorts and flip flops, and sometimes I go without shaving.  I don’t need to go to the barber anymore.  I am random and crazy.  I don’t pretend to be someone I’m not.  I am who I am.  You can love me or not.  I won’t change!  And if I love you, I do it with all my heart.  I make no apologies or excuses for the way I am. 

Peace,
JE

2 comments:

Curley said...

How Cool!

momto8 said...

interesting self insights!