Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Whew! Finally!

Finally!  I have gotten caught up on all the episodes of "Downton Abby."  I have been trying ever since season 3 came out on DVD to see it, and I didn't particularly want to own it, so I was counting on getting it from my public library.  Just so happens, when I was in there last weekend, there was season 3 on the shelf.  I had a marathon watching and now am caught up. 
My daughter is making fun of me.  "Dad is watching a British soap opera, " she chanted last evening.  She's right!  I am hooked, just like millions of other Americans and Brits. 
I knew what was going to happen in the end, so I wasn't surprised, but I was saddened.  I liked Michael.  His mother, Isabel, is probably my favorite character on the show, along with Bates and Anna.  Gee, listen to me.  I even talk like a soap opera affectionado.  Sort of like my wife was with "Another World."  And my Grandmama was with "Search for Tomorrow."  Maybe it runs in the family, who knows? I just know that I am all set when season 4 begins in January 2014.  Yay me!

Peace,
JE

Do I need a "life" or what!!!

3 comments:

Marcia said...

It's hard not to get hooked on Downton Abbey. (Or America's Got Talent-my weakness). Harmless enough though, right?
Enjoy!

Curley said...

OMG! I was so hooked on "Another World". They had the cutest guys on that show. I would rush home from school every day so that I could watch it. Watched it right up to the last day it was on.

Anvilcloud said...

Who doesn't love it? To call DA a soap is stretching it when you compare it with the real soaps.