Thursday, April 13, 2006

Another B-day, Sweety?

Another year has rolled around and my sweety is having another birthday. She told me (and the rest of the family) that we were to NOT celebrate it this year. Does she think that if we don't recognize it, it will not happen. NOT!
Honey, I am three years older than you, and believe me, the years roll on even if we ignore birthdays.
So, on your "not-my-birthday day" remember that you are loved. You are loved by so many for so many different reasons. But being the best wife a guy could ever have, is the reason I love you. For almost 37 years, you have enchanted my live with your love, wit and thoughtfulness. Our life together has been a roller-coaster of ups and downs, but you are the thread that has held us together.
Now, that we are growing older, that love still exists. Sometimes on a different plane than it used to, but it is a comfortable type of love. I sincerely believe that as we age, we grow to be more of the same person.
So, my dearest, even though we grow another year older, and have gotten heavier, grayer, and slower, those birthdays are still important. They are a mark of who we are and how far we have come together.
You are my best friend. I LOVE YOU!

Me

No comments: