Sunday, June 15, 2008

Reading

Did you ever pick up a book and even though you really didn't like it very much, you just kept reading because you were just curious? Well, I just finished Now You See Him by Eli Gottlieb. It was the strangest novel I have read in a long time. And, I sure didn't see the end coming. Usually I am brighter than that, but this one really threw me.
I didn't especially like the writer's style. He wrote in first person, but his literary style was to "highbrow" for me, for lack of a better term. But I told myself to just persevere and finish the book.
I wouldn't recommend that you rush out and buy this book, and I am glad I just checked it out of the local library, but if you run accross it in a used book store, and can pick it up for 50 cents, read it and see how you feel about it.
I have several other possibilities in my book bag, so I am looking forward to reading something more exciting and interesting. This made my 5th novel since school was out. Do I need to get a life or what!
Peace and Hope
JE

1 comment:

Greyhound Girl said...

Wait a minute- I've read 11 book since school's been out... what does that say about me?!? YIKES! Don't even go there after all!

It's sound interesting... I'll see if I can find it!