Friday, May 21, 2010

Six More...but who's counting!

Only six more days to go. I am feeling the thrill already. I have decided that I have to quit making so many plans and just slow down and think about what I am going to do next. I mentioned this to a friend of mine and she said that she thinks that I have adjusted to the "retirement idea," but I haven't considered that I will have "retirement time." We go at such a hectic pace all the time, that we don't think about life in the slow lane, or can we imagine it, either. I found my mind racing the other night at 3:30 AM about what all I am going to do and where I am going to go. I could feel God telling me to just slow down and take each day as it comes, set priorities, and relax. So that is what I intend to do. Isn't it funny how God works in our lives. Sometimes I wish He could pick better hours to talk to me that 3:30AM. But maybe that's when He knows He can get my attention. Ya think?
Peace,
JE

1 comment:

Curley said...

Yep, I would say that is when he got your attention. Just relax and enjoy the summer just like it would be any other summer. There is enough time for plans in the fall. As they say "Take it one day at a time".