Friday, August 01, 2008

Post Vacation Wrap-up!

Okay, Okay! I know I have been home 3 days and haven't done a trip wrap up yet. So here goes. I had a wonderful flight home. It was clear and sunny all the way which was good since I tended to be a "white knuckle" flier, or sometimes when there was turbulence or shaking, but otherwise I was fine. Lil Bro and Sistah met the plane and carted me safely home. I was glad to get into my own bed. AHHH! Still sorta jetlagged and tired, but back to work.
Prof was just busting my chops about doing this blog and wants details. I loved Montana. To say there was a downside to this trip, I would have to say that the only one was just saying "goodbye" at the airport. That was hard. I didn't let the tears show, but they were there right behind the eyeballs! I hate goodbyes, anyhow! The upside of the trip was the whole damn thing. It's an amazing place. Wide open, remote, and beautiful. I couldn't imagine the vastness until I got there and I definately know why it is called "big sky" country. A highlight was the Missouri Breaks. Hauntingly beautiful is the only way to describe them. Of course meeting all her friends there was great and Wilber won my heart. She is now my second daughter. Everyone treated me fine, just like family. I ate too much, drank WAY too much, and had a grand old time. The whole bunch, plus some others threw me a goodbye party at the H Bar on Monday night. It was great. I got to see a fabulous production of "Jesus Christ, Superstar" which was a real treat too. So, as you can see, there was no serious downer to the whole trip. I loved the dryness; absolutely no sinus problems while I was there.
Now, to be perfectly honest, the area of TMoN Montana is just too remote for me to live all the time. I am too used to being 5 minutes from groceries, Walmart, and restaurants. And, I just don't think I could stand the cold of winter there anymore. -43 without windchill is just to damn cold for these old bones. So, the saying "it's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there" is meant for me. I love the people, and the area, and if I could move them all here, I would. If Prof stays another year, I will surely go back again. There's something that beckons to me.
Peace and Hope
JE

No comments: