Sunday, January 24, 2010

What I Read #6


Loitering With Intent by Stuart Woods is another great read by Woods. Stone Barrington is his usual rich self basking in the good life even on a serious case. Key West, FL is the setting of this well written novel. The only drawback to this and all of Woods' works is his "author's note" at the end of the novel. Where most writers us this space to thank readers as well as editors, etc., Woods uses it to tell his readers what/what not to e-mail him and what he will and will not answer. It's an insult to his readers. This guy must have an ego the size of NYC. It's almost enough to make me not read his works. Almost, but not quite. Since Stone is one of my favorite characters, I will continue to read. But I won't buy them any longer, just check out from my local library.
Happy reading,
JE

No comments: