Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Deck the Halls

Only two more days and school will be out!!!!! I know I shouldn't be so excited, but the thought of having two weeks off and not having to deal with prepubescent teenager's attitudes sounds glorious to me right now. So much so, that I even went out tonight and bought some more lights. Really, WalMart had a sale, so I stocked up for next year. I came home and when I pulled in the garage I spied another tree up on a shelf. I decided that I knew just where it would look the nicest, so I took it in the house, put a string of my new lights on it and fit it into just the right place.
I put a grapevine tree on my porch that I made years ago and has been in the cellar for years. The other night I noticed that it wasn't burning, the perimeter lights were out and the ceiling fan, which I keep running 24/7/365 to keep the porch dry, wasn't running. I reset the breaker, but about 10 minutes later, out again. So I started unplugging stuff and discovered that the plug on the fan was shot and kept tripping the breaker. So, now the fan is off and everything else is staying on.
I decided tonight that I was done Christmas shopping. Everyone I buy for has enough except Lil Bro. I have bought him some neat stuff, but all necessary. I want to get him something cool that he wouldn't expect. But I don't know what. He buys everything he needs/wants and hasn't given me a list. So, either cash or a gift card seems like a good idea.
I have stuff to stuff socks with. I have gift wrap, ribbon tape and scissors. I hate to wrap, but I like to see the finished product, so I will get at it later on in the week. Tomorrow night I have been invited to dine at the local Elks Lodge, and stay for their Christmas Party. A group I used to sing with is entertaining, and they want me to come back and sing with them just for this gig. The assured me that we would be singing stuff I already knew, so I agreed. I know they want me to rejoin the group, but I am just not ready to do that yet.
Today, I was sorta offered a part-time job working from 4 to 6 every afternoon Mon thru Fri. No weekends. With the glut of bills from Tilly's illness and so on, I could use the extra cash. I will know more in a couple of weeks. It wouldn't start until after the first of the year. Might be good to have that to do. We'll see.
So, I am about ready. The halls are decked. I will probably not quit decking until the very last minute. Prof said she was going to cook me some good stuff while she was home.. and I have a couple of recipes that I am going to try out while she and Kiddo are here. We plan to meet friends, eat, drink and be merry. I have another Christmas party to go to after Christmas. So it looks like things will be busy around here.

Peace and joy!

Jim

2 comments:

A said...

The Professor's going to cook?? Should I worry now or later, cause I do remember her saying something about an exploding chicken!! LOL

Greyhound Girl said...

Hey dad, the house sounds lovely and you sound all ready for us to arrive! Can't wait! What's the new job?

(And Lilith- I exploded a chicken 16 years aga!!!!!!! and Dad has fire insurance!)