Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Some Thoughts on Retirement

I have been retired for over a month now. I love it! There is the fact that I am obligated to no one. I don't have to get up at a certain time. I don't have to go to bed at a certain time. I don't have to eat if I don't want to, or should I say when and if I want to, I can eat! Either way, it's a plus! I read, craft, work in my yard, or anything else as the mood strikes me.

Now, on the other hand, it can get pretty boring just sitting on my duff all day. There isn't the extra cash to go run around like I was used to, and eating out as often as I did isn't an option any more. I miss talking to my coworkers, and yes, I miss the kids I dealt with on a daily basis. I don't have a lot of motivation right now, but I think that will get better.

All in all, retirement is good. For one who has always been super active like I have, making adjustments in my life style will just take time. But I've got a lot of that!
Peace,
JE

2 comments:

Curley said...

Just think about all the extra time you have to do....laundry! Just kidding. There is always going to see the grandkids.

Jimmie Earl said...

Curley,
One grandkid I see all the time. With the other two, it's hard to find them either at home, or awake, but I am trying to make it there more. I tried 3 times yesterday, but no luck. This is "fair" week. What did expect? And, BTW, I now have my laundry done! So there! LOL!
JE