Friday, July 09, 2010

What I Read #58

liars all by Jo Bannister: This was a new kind of suspense/mystery read for me. I can only describe it as two stories in one. A man is murdered, his fiancee seriously injured, and a priceless necklace stolen. Daniel, the mild mannered guy who looks for things missing goes after the necklace only to uncover more crime than one can imagine.
Brodie, the mother of Jonathan, a small child who is dying of a brain tumor, is desperately looking all over the world for a cure for her small son. Both Brodie and Daniel are forced to make sacrifices that will change their lives forever. Through it all, faith and friendship prevail.
This was a powerful, moving novel. I would recommend it to book clubs. Daniel's "conversation with God" is one of the most powerful passages that I have read in any book.
Happy Reading,
JE

No comments: