Wednesday, September 15, 2010

What I Read #84


The Search by Nora Roberts: Fiona Bristow is a trainer of Search and Rescue dogs. She lives on Orcas Island. Simon Doyle is an artist who also lives on the island. They meet when Simon's mother gives him a pup that is in dire need of training.
Circumstances occur that bring them into close proximity, and of course, the inevitable happens. Along with a copycat serial killer that is pursuing Fiona to settle a score from years ago.
I found this book to be an easy read, and I was intrigued reading just how dogs are trained, and used for the vital occupation of Search and Rescue, and how successful that program is. I give this 4 stars on my 4 star reading scale. It isn't any wonder that the book jacket says that Ms Roberts is the NY Times #1 best selling author.
As a side note, my daughter-in-law went to a Nora Roberts book signing, and came back a real fan. She said Ms Roberts is just a nice person, besides being a wonderful author. She has a picture of the two of them together on her bookshelf with every novel by Roberts.
Happy Reading,
JE
(note: no picture because I am blogging on vacation on my brother's computer. I won't download pictures on it, but will update when I get home.)

1 comment:

Curley said...

As you know I too found this to be an easy read. Hope you are having a great time on vacation.