Thursday, July 12, 2012

Show Biz Update!

Well, it's over, or a "wrap" as we show biz moguls say! LOL! I played to an audience of about 50 or so, mostly elderly ladies, but some men in the crowd, too. It was fun. The talking went okay, and even if I do say so myself, the music went great. My accompanist, who is also my vocal coach, said she heard some very nice sounds coming from me today. I got lots of applause after each number, and lots of smiles while I sang.
Most everyone came up to Susan and I afterwards and told us how much they enjoyed the music. It was fun, and now I know the nerves were normal, but certainly unnecessary.
No one filmed it so it won't show up on Youtube, and I think that is wise. I saw a lot moist eyes when we all joined in the singing of "God Bless America," at the end.
It was well worth the effort and hours of practicing. And, we got asked to do it again sometime.
Now, I need a nap! Show biz is hard work! Can I add extra calories to my count for the effort?

Peace,
JE

3 comments:

Curley said...

Oh Dang, I knew I was forgetting the camera. Just kidding. Although I did forget to take a "still" so that we could put it in the newsletter. You did so good. Brought tears and smiles to my face. And you did real good on the "talking" part too. I heard lots of good commments. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Congrats Jimmie on the show. Glad to read that all went well despite your earlier concernes...ENCORE!

Ur-spo said...

Congratulations!
I hope you had the LOL rolling in the aisles.