Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Some things never change!

For the past week I have been fighting a summer cold.  UGH!  The worst part is the racking cough.  I have coughed until my lungs feel like they are going to leap out of my mouth any time.  Finally, I resorted to some flavored cough syrup.  The taste is foul.  Just as I remembered from my looonnnggg past childhood.  You would think with all the technology and advancements in medicine in the last 60 years, that the pharmaceutical industry would have improved the taste of cough medicine.  NOT!  And as for cough drops, they are still nasty.  Maybe the whole "nasty taste" thing is supposed to be there to chase away the germs!
One of the wonders of modern medicine is the "daytime" and "nighttime" meds.  Yes, they too are foul tasting, but they do help with the symptoms.  At least they are helping me.  I will survive, despite the nasty tasting stuff.  Is this modern chemistry at it's finest?

Peace, (soon, I hope)
JE 

2 comments:

Curley said...

Hope you feel better soon, my friend!

Anvilcloud said...

I have to avoid daytime meds, even in the daytime. And if I make a mistake and take one at night, there is you know what to pay. I hope you recover soon.