Sunday, November 11, 2007

Book Lovers...Unite!

Hey y'all, I didn't get home from out-of-state in time for a Saturday blog. Here's my Sunday blog, thanks to a tag from the Prof.


The Protocol: Answer 5 questions. Tag 5 book lovers.The Questions:
1.How many books do you own?
2. What was the last book you read?
3. What was the last book you purchased?
4. What five books are most meaningful to you?
5. What is your most obscure favorite book?

1. How many books do you own? Though I am an avid reader (166+ books this year so far) and I love books as much as Prof and Sistah, I am not a book saver. At this date, probably 100 or so. I give my books to either Prof, Sistah, or take them to our local senior center.

2. What was the last book you read? The last book I read was "Follow the River" by James A. Thom. Historical biography...not the greatest, but very interesting.

3. What was the last book you purchased? Tilly always bought our books. We were probably Amazon.com's best customer. I think the last one she bought was "Tumbling Blocks" by Earlene Fowler. Great mystery read! I guess I will have to start buying my own. Though a friend is leaving for Florida in a week for the winter, and gave me and mine her $340.00 credit at a used book store nearby, and told us to "enjoy and spend as much as we want." Eat your hearts out, y'all. I actually bought a craft book the other day on cardmaking. Does that count?

4. What 5 books are the most meaningful to you? I loved "Message in a Bottle." It was just romantic, tho tragic. "Gathering Blue", a novella I just read for school, touched my heart and soul. "Saving Grace" by Barbara Delinsky was a book that told about saving the sanity of an aged mother. It was touching and very much in keeping with the problems faced by the children of aging parents. "Fine Things" by Danielle Steele, touched my very being. It's the best one Steele ever wrote. In fact, I won't even read her any more. She has gotten so "dark." I still hold "The Bears of Blue River" close to my heart. It was an early teen book I read in 6th grade. I found my copy recently and I want to reread it, then I want my kids (my own) to read it. It's just GOOD.

5. What is your most obscure favorite book? " The Last of the Breed" by Louis L'Amour is a great read. It's a modern-day account of an Air Force pilot downed in Russia and his attempted escape. If a book can keep the reader "on the edge of his seat" this one should be at the top of any reader's action and suspense list.

My advice to y'all is to read...read...READ!

Grace!

JE

No comments: