Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My "A" List

After a previous blog, and in my own defense from you "readaholics," I decided that I needed to make an "A" list of my favorite books. When I sat down and tried to create that list, I see that I have really weird taste in reading material. I like all kinds. Remember that when you read this list, that as a former English teacher, (short lived as that career choice was) and an Language Arts scholar and literature lover, that my list may not be up to the standards of some of you more choosy readers. This list is different from a former list of "meaningful" books in a earlier blog. A book doesn't have to be a favorite to be meaningful. At least not to me





1. The Last of the Breed by Louis L'Amour

2. Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean Auel

3. The Mammoth Hunters by Jean Auel

4. The Valley of the Horses by Jean Auel

5. The Shelters of Stone by Jean Auel

6. Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks

7. Fine Things by Danielle Steele

8. Christy by Katherine Marshall

9. A Stranger is Watching by Mary Higgins Clark

10. The Complete Works of Robert Frost

Additionally:

Everything written by James Patterson

The Alphabet series by Sue Grafton A thru S

The "Bennie Harper" series by Earlene Fowler

The "Spencer" and "Jesse Stone" series by Robert Parker

Stuart Woods is a terrific author but has a real "holier than thou" attitude. But I read his stuff anyway!

The "Caulder" series by Janet Dailey

The "J.P. Beaumont" and "Joanna Brady" series by J.A. Jance


Most of John Grisham's stuff. Some is just to graphic for me.


I could go on and on. Face it, I just like to read. When I graduated from college, I vowed that I didn't want to read for knowledge any more. I still read educational material and some scientific journals, tho not very often since I am out of the labs of industry now. I try to keep up on current events and what is going on in the education field, but I especially like to read for fun.


Grace...
JE






No comments: