Monday, January 21, 2008

Household Chores

Since living alone, I have discovered that there are a few household chores that I HATE. They are as follows:
  • Folding laundry. What a waste of time. I don't mind hanging the stuff that needs to be hung on hangers, but I hate folding towels and underclothes. Why not leave them in the baskets and just use out of there. What a novel idea. From now on, no folded skivvies for me.
  • Buying groceries. I hate this job. I don't know one brand from another, so I buy what ever is on sale. I hate putting them away when I get them home. But I like to cook and eat, so I guess buying the raw materials is necessary.
  • Emptying the dishwasher. This rates right up there with root canals. Again, what a waste. Why put the dishes back in the cupboard when I am just going to remove them and use them again. So, I usually use out of it, and stack the dirty dishes until I get a sink full, then I empty what is left in the dishwasher, and fill it. Works for me.

Today I actually got out the iron and ironing board and pressed 3 shirts. I also got out the sewing machine and am going to attempt to shorten a pair of pants. Don't know how that will go, but surely, with the instruction book in hand and a good pair of scissors, it hadn't ought to be too difficult.

I am learning. It is possible to teach an "old dog new tricks."

JE

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's see, where to begin. I don't unload the dishwasher till ready to fill again. Like you I use what is there till have a sink full of dirty then put the rest away before filling up again. My husband calls the dryer the storage unit because I usually leave the last load in it (white clothes) till we run out of the ones in the drawer before folding them and maybe not even then. I just use out of there till I get tired of hearing the kids yell "where are all the socks". So don't feel bad, you're just morphing into the "housewife" mode.

Jimmie Earl said...

Curley: Does that mean I will make some woman a good househusband sometime? HA!
JE

Greyhound Girl said...

You ironed??????????? Again?????