Sunday, January 13, 2008

Reading

With all the flap by fellow bloggers about what they are reading, I decided to share what I am reading. I am not going to start a literary blog, but I will just tell ya all what I have just read and what I thought about it.



Since January 1, I have read two novels.

#1. Patriot Acts by Greg Rucka. This is a "series" noel about Atticus Kodiak. Atticus is usually a robust, active jock-type character who is a bodyguard. In this novel, I detected a lot of whining and sniveling by Atticus. Now, this is just my opinion, but I have read better Rucka novels. Once in a while, an author writes because he needs cash. I wonder if this was the case. The storyline was boring, and slow moving. I read it, but I didn't especially like it. But, I am a Rucka fan, so I persisted.



#2. Shoot Him If He Runs by Stuart Woods. This was an excellent read. Again, it was a "series" novel. Stone Barrington, one of my favorite characters, was sent to a remote island, run by a Prime Minister, who was more like a dictator, to find a murderer. It was loaded with action, political overtones, and excitment. The political overtones, turned into the main action, going all the way to the White House. It ended well. I look forward to another visit with Stone in the near future.



JE

No comments: