Sunday, March 13, 2011

Springing Forward!

Hey all you people out there. I hope you didn't forget to turn your clocks forward an hour. I stayed up late reading and watching TV and when I went to bed at 1:54 am, it magically became 2:54am. And when the alarm went off this morning, I realized that I should not have stayed up so late. I lost a whole hour. Oh well, I can take a nap this afternoon.
I think it's interesting to watch the expressions on people's faces when the arrive at church on the first Sunday of DST, and realize that church is about over instead of just starting. Last year, I talked to one lady that said she got there, and realized by looking at the full parking lot that something was amiss. She checked the time on her cell phone, and realized that she had neglected to turn up her clock and so she just went home. I probably would have done the same thing.
Well, off to church. Everyone have a great day. It's going to be daylight longer!

Peace,
JE

I'm back! Sure enough, one of my friends said she forgot to reset her clock last night, woke up at 8:40am, remembering that she had to teach a Sunday School class full of youngsters at 9:00am.. And she wasn't late!

1 comment:

Curley said...

I woke up about 2 am and remembered that I forgot to set the clocks so I reset the ones in the bedroom and the one in the living room and my watch. Left the rest till we got up.