Monday, March 07, 2011

What I Read #23


The Border Lords by T. Jefferson Parker: More action and adventure with the Mexican Drug Cartels. Sean Ozburn is deep undercover for the LASD. The longer he is working, the more iratic his behavior becomes. He becomes a rogue cop. About the same time, Sean's wife Seliah notices that her behavior has become uncommon and scary. It is up to DEA agent Charlie Hood to find out what is going on with Sean, and at the same time, try to stop a shipment of automatic pistols from being spread around the city of LA.

There was something about this novel that made me uncomfortable, yet compelled me to keep on reading. I cannot put my finger on just what it was, but it was there lurking in my subconscious. It wasn't an easy read. Lots going on, and lot of characters to remember. Not the best novel on my list, but I am not panning it, either.

Happy Reading,
JE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just read his "The Renegades" a Charlie Hood novel and feel the same way. It just doesn't seem to click. I think I'll just stay away from this author.
Clyde