Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What I Read #49


Spider Web by Earlene Fowler: Another great novel in the Benni Harper series. There is a sniper loose in San Celina, causing chaos and confusion. Benni's husband Gabe Ortiz, police chief of San Celina, and his officers are having no luck finding any clues to who is doing the shooting. But the shootings seemed to be targeted towards law enforcement officers.
All of this, combined with the arrival of a mysterious person from Gabe's past, makes for an interesting read. Every one of Fowler's novels that I read seems to get better. They bring back thoughts of a happier time when my late wife was living. Earlene Fowler was her favorite author and Benni her favorite character. She got me hooked on them, and now I anxiously await each new one.
I donated my wife's Fowler novels (she collected them all) to a small, nearby library. It looks like I will have to add this one to their collection.

Happy Reading,
JE

No comments: