Note: Not to be outdone by Mellodee, my good blog buddy, here is my list of things I have done. Not as many as she has, and not as exciting as her list, but my accomplishments all the same.
1. I won several medals for singing at district and state contests in High School
2. I have been an actor, singer, dancer in front of audiences of between 20 and 1,000 people!
3. I have been on television (OK, I just waved from the audience while visiting a local station)
4. I have been to Mexico and Canada.
5. I was lead associate to the Chief Chemist of a large rubber manufacturing co.
6. I have owned horses and am an accomplished western style rider.
7. I was a good student in High School.
8. I have played Charlie Cowell, anvil salesman in “The Music Man” and Judd Frye in “Oklahoma.”
9. I have been on a canoe trip.
10. I have been swimming in the Atlantic,( so very cold) the Pacific ( it was not so cold!), Lake Michigan,( cold too) and the Gulf of Mexico.(pretty warm in FL)
11. I have been to college.
12. I taught Basic English, math, and English Composition at a junior college for several years.
13. I have an IQ of over 100.
14. I have been the soloist at many weddings and funerals.
15. I have been to the top of the Washington Monument.
16. I have made one solo cross-country driving trip (from central Indiana to Arlington, TX, and back).
17. I met Crystal Gayle, the country singer, who is from here in town.
18. I have read more books than I can count.
19. I have lived in 10 different residences since birth
20. I have been in two major Midwest blizzards.
21. I can use a mimeograph machine, , a manual typewriter, and an adding machine. (Have I mentioned I am OLD?)
22. I have eaten liver, and chocolate covered ants. I actually like liver smothered in sautéed onions.
23. I was married to the same woman for 38 years until her untimely death. (Now that's an accomplishment!!)
24. I have remodeled an entire house.
25. I have fathered 3 children, and had to bury one. The latter goes against the grand scheme of things.
26. I braved the Dallas, TX Greyhound Bus station and rode a bus back to Indiana.
27. The only broken bone I have had is the second toe on my left foot. I’ve had several cracked ribs from falls from steps and bicycles.
28. I sang my first public solo at age 6.
29. My singing group was opening act for “Sha-Na-Na” at the performing arts center here in town to a crowd of about 1500.
30. I have seen the invention of 8 tracks, ipods, personal computers, cell phones, disc players and cassette players, push buttons on phones, CAT scans, and MRIs.