Friday, September 02, 2011

Tooth Brush Shopping

Let me preface this with the fact that I HATE going to the dentist! That being said, I went yesterday. I have a multitude of cavities, which is a result of two things. First, I don't have good dental insurance. Secondly, I don't like to go, so I don't go unless I am in pain. I have a dental plan of sorts, but I have to call them, get the appropriate form sent to me, fill it out, and mail it in. So far, I haven't received any money. It seems that I should have met the required deductible by now. But I digress, again.
Yesterday I had two cavities filled. I must admit that Dr. H. did a good job of trying to make me comfortable. But, getting shots of Novocaine still hurts. And because of where she (yes lady dentist) was working, it took several "stabs" to get me numb enough. After Dr. H. was done, she talked to me about my ongoing case of gingivitis. It's not as bad as it was, but still there. So now I am supposed to get a sonic tooth brush. It allegedly will massage my gums, and help the bleeding and so on.
So, I started researching tooth brushes on line. Wow! I have always used what ever kind of soft bristled brush that was on sale. Now, I am finding that there is a plethora (I love that word) of sonic brushes on the market. In every price range. Dr. H. gave me a coupon for a certain kind, but that sucker is over $60.00 and the coupon is for $5.00. There is no way I can afford a brush that is that expensive. So, I put out the word to my Facebook friends, and they started naming different kinds in all price ranges. Thanks to them, by the way. So, armed with that knowledge, I am off to buy a "sonic" tooth brush. I know that WalMart would be cheaper, but I am boycotting them this week, so I will try Walgreen's. Wish me luck! I wish we had Costco!
Speaking of boycotting WalMart, I have decided to boycott them one week of every month. I don't like their "overseas" policy, which incidentally goes against what Sam Walton was all about, I don't like our local store, I don't like the way WalMart, Inc comes into a community and forces small local businesses to close, and the cashiers...well, enough said! As I write this, Prof walks in the door with, what else, bags from WalMart! Oh shit!

Peace,
JE

No comments: