Monday, September 12, 2011

What I Read #67


Heaven is For Real by Todd Burpo: I simply could not put this one down. Nearly four years old, little Colton Burpo is gravely ill. Doctors don't give the family much hope as Colton is wheeled into surgery for a ruptured appendix. Miraculously, little Colton lives. And tells his story to his family about visiting heaven and what he saw while he was there.
This is a true story! Pastor Todd Burpo, Colton's dad, tells it in plain English. Just like it happened.The things Pastor Burpo has learned from his young son have inspired awe in him, and has even strengthened his belief in God and the power of prayer.
I found that this book, short as it may be, answered many questions that have risen during my Christian walk. It has also given me a new perspective on heaven.
I recommend this book to anyone and everyone, no matter how you feel about religion, God, faith, or any part of each.
It took about two hours for me to read "Heaven is For Real." It might be the best two hours I spend this year, or ever!

Happy Reading,
JE

No comments: