Sunday, July 24, 2011

Time Out!!!

I am taking a time out from reading. Why? I have so many crafty projects going at the same time that I want to finish. I cannot craft and read at the same time. Darn!! So, for a while, I will only be reading after I go to bed in the evening. (Now if I could just figure out how to get really comfy in my bed to read. There's always something that is "not quite right" about it.)
Secondly, I have been to the library often as of late, but I just cannot find that much good stuff to read. The last trip I brought home 5 books, and couldn't make it past the first chapter in 2, read 2 and didn't get to the other one before it would be overdue. The very last one on my blog was recommended by my friendly librarian, who knows me well enough to automatically put my name on some novels that she thinks I would like, but are on the "waiting" list.
Prof assures me that authors usually come out with new stuff in the fall and early winter, so maybe I will find something better to read then. I put my name on "Heaven is For Real," the other day, and there are 11 people ahead of me, and our small library only bought 1 copy, so it will be a while.
So, crafting I will go. I have a baby blanket in he works, and the baby is due in 4 weeks or less, so it would be nice to get it done. I have 2 prayer shawls that I am working on, plus two "bag books" to finish. I always make my own Christmas cards, and so far I only have 1 done. So, as you can see, I have lots to do besides read.

Peace,
JE

1 comment:

Curley said...

I know just what you mean. I am working on a shawl and a blanket and a book. Not to mention house cleaning, laundry and cooking. Now the boys want me to cut their hair. Off I go.