Monday, July 18, 2011

What I Read #52


Live Wire by Harlan Coben: This book was a disappointment. Myron Bolitar never has been one of my favorite characters, but since Coben has been one of my favorite authors, I read this series. At least up until now.
This was a "cookie cutter" story. I felt like I had read it before. Same characters, different time and situation. The "rubber stamp" dialogue was familiar and I could guess what was going to happen next.
Coben's "stand alone" novels are great, but from now on, if the book cover mentions that this is another in the "Myron Bolitar" series, I'm afraid it will stay on the library shelf.
I notice that Coben is coming out with a new book for young adult readers called, "Shelter." I am anxious to read this. Even though I am retired from teaching young adults, I still like to know what they are reading. It will be interesting to see how this author tells a story to young people.

Happy Reading,
JE

No comments: