Monday, July 18, 2011

What I Read #53

The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs: This book was recommended to me by my daughter. What a delightful change from the murder and mayhem that I usually read. I thought "chick lit" when I heard the title, but this was "way" beyond that.
Georgia Walker is a single mom, who owns her own business, a yarn shop called "Walker and Daughter." Her customers are a quirky lot, who love to knit and even some who don't like to knit, but like to hang out in Georgia's shop.
This is a story of those people, the friendships that evolve, and grow. It is about life, about a group of women who get together on Friday evenings to nosh, and knit. It is a beautiful story of love and kindness.
Though this was straying from my usual genre, I am glad I took the time to read it. Thanks, Prof, for your recommendation.

Happy Reading,
JE

No comments: